Office Manager – Creative Agency
Job Title: Office Manager – Creative Agency
Salary: Circa £30k plus Benefits
Reports to: Assistant to the Managing Director
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, self-driven and highly efficient Office Manager to join this highly successful international packaging design agency based in South London. We are looking for an experienced Office Manager to coordinate and manage all duties to enable the day-to-day upkeep, smooth running, and maintenance of the office. Responsibility to also ensure that Health and safety requirements are met and that the office is a safe working environment. This is a stand-alone role that requires independent management of own work; you will own the role and be responsible for tasks, but in addition, you will also enjoy being part of the larger office team. You will provide excellent customer service whilst managing and driving forward efficient processes to support the office.
Duties and key responsibilities
- To greet visitors and answer incoming calls in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- To book couriers and ensure timely collection and delivery of items. To receive incoming post and deliveries and distribute items. Responsible for the upkeep of the franking machine.
- Responsible for greeting freelancers and new starters, briefing them on health and safety and office protocol/assisting with the on-boarding process.
- Prepare and manage all required administration for freelancers, includes checking supplier invoices against rates/timesheets.
- To raise and manage Purchase Orders and to ensure all invoice details are correct.
- Monthly reconciliation of credit cards, and precision on finances in order to monitor costs and stock control for budget preparation.
- Coordination and negotiation of office management contracts and sourcing of supplies.
- Oversea coordination of all travel and accommodation arrangements for Managing Directors and other senior managers as required.
- Responsible for licensing stock images and purchasing fonts as required
- To carry out administration and support the Assistant to the Managing Directors and the Managing Directors as required.
- To support the Managing Directors in managing their property portfolio as required.
- To ensure the constant daily stock of milk, tea and coffee and the weekly stock of fruit and Friday snacks. To monitor the office and ensure that it is clean and tidy at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the stock of office stationery supplies and ordering in a timely manner to ensure constant stock availability.
- To manage the office cleaners to ensure a consistently high standard of service.
- To organise and manage any ad-hoc or routine maintenance work that needs to be carried out, including CCTV and security, safety equipment including fire extinguishers and air conditioning.
- To manage all IT issues and ensure that any problems are reported to AA Mac and resolved in a timely manner. To manage the set-up of computers and telephones for new starters and freelancers and leavers as required.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that the Health and Safety Policy is always up to date and available to all staff.
- To manage all Health and Safety requirements in line with the Company’s legal requirement, including any required risk assessments.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- You will have at least two years of Office Management experience; working within an office of at least 70+ persons
- You will be able to speak German, this is preferred but not essential
- You will have experience in dealing with and managing Health and Safety requirements
- You will have experience in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel) and you will be required to use the company’s internal project management system
- Experience of using a MAC would be beneficial
- You will have at least two years’ strong administrative experience
- You will be able to balance and own your own workload
- You will be able to provide an efficient office management service, whilst being able to bring forward new ideas to update and streamline any processes as necessary
- You will be flexible and able to coordinate multiple projects and answer any staff queries in a fast-paced environment
- Conscientious, reliable, good attendance and timekeeping standards
- Excellent attention to detail and works with precision
- Effective project manager, able to manage workload
- Honest, trustworthy, and able to work unsupervised
- Demonstrates initiative is creative and contributes ideas
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving without cutting corners
- Friendly, approachable, respectful and a positive team player.
- Flexible, adaptable, calm whilst working under pressure
- Professional with excellent communication skills.
- Proactively takes ownership of daily tasks with a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.