Head of Brand Guidelines | Fluency in German Essential
Job Type :
Job Title: Head of Brand Guidelines – Fluency in German essential
Salary: circa £60k dependant on experience, plus benefits
Reports To: Managing Director
Location: Purley, Surrey/South London
We are seeking a dynamic fluent German-speaking Head of Brand Guidelines to lead this important department and join our highly talented team.
In this role you will be head of the International Brand Guidelines Department in the production of comprehensive corporate guidelines, style guides and brand guidelines for internal and external use.
Founded in 1992 with offices in Purley, London this highly successful international Packaging Design agency has over 28 years’ experience in producing highly innovative designs for brands and own-label products. Its success is founded on long-term relationships based on integrity, reliability, loyalty, and trust and it has grown its employee headcount to over 50 employees.
The company’s strong work ethic and family values meant it had grown as an agency organically through client recommendations; today by demonstrating its market leading expertise with global retailers, our client base continues to grow. Its multinational team are incredibly dedicated and specialize in design, artwork, digital illustration, web development, 3D visuals and consumer strategy.
- You will be responsible for the smooth running of the entire brand guidelines department ensuring new and existing guidelines are of the highest possible standard and accountable to guarantee the technical accuracy of all guideline documentation.
- To ensure total efficiency of the complete brand guideline process including staff scheduling, running the weekly guidelines meeting and ensuring a cost efficient turnaround of all guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring all internal, external and client based brand guideline deadlines are met.
- Responsible for overseeing the complete internal and external lifecycle of all brand guidelines; ensuring that all tasks are carried out to the required standard.
- Lead and mentor the team to ensure consistently high standards, completion of all projects to deadlines and to provide continuous development of staff.
- Provide expert advice to the design and artwork departments about which master elements of the new brands need to be prepared, art worked or retouched before work can commence on the guidelines.
- Systematically and logically analyse the projects, and advise on the most logical structure and content of guidelines.
- Understand which elements of the new brands need to be included, explained and detailed in the guidelines.
- Foresee, identify, discuss and solve any potential problems in relation to creating new brands.
- Oversee the setting up of new guidelines in German, based on existing templates and guideline examples including the design and layout of individual pages.
- Ensure that all design examples within the guidelines are consistent and fully comply with all associated guidelines.
- Ensure that guidelines are clear, logical, comprehensive and easy to understand for any potential internal or external user.
- Liaise internally to discuss, manage and implement changes until final approval.
Job Skills and Responsibilities
- You will have a background in design or artwork with a solid knowledge of print processes and a detailed understanding of packaging design.
- The role requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in crafting detailed corporate guidelines, brand guidelines, style guides or annual reports.
- The majority of our guidelines are for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets, therefore you must be a fluent German speaker and your written German must be grammatically of the highest standard.
- You must be proactive in managing the commercial aspects of quoting and budgeting for the department.
- You must be a conceptual thinker and have a highly logical, systematic approach to your work.
- You will be a strong leader with proven experience of people management and motivation.
- You will demonstrate excellent communication skills and have the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external contacts.
- You will have the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and be self-motivated and thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in InDesign and Illustrator CS5 is essential. Experience in Photoshop would be advantageous.
- Conscientious, reliable, good attendance and timekeeping standards
- Excellent attention to detail and high precision is essential
- Effective project manager with excellent organisational and time management skills – able to manage workload and work unsupervised
- Honest, trustworthy, and displays integrity
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrates initiative is creative and contributes ideas
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving without cutting corners
- Friendly, approachable, respectful and a positive team player
- Flexible, adaptable, calm whilst working under pressure
- Professional with excellent communication skills
- Proactive, takes ownership of daily tasks with a can do attitude
- Must be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.