Events and Conference – Front of House Manager
Job Type :
Job Title: Events and Conference – Front of House Manager
Salary: £25/£26k plus bonus and excellent benefits
Reporting to: Line Manager through the Board
Based at: Redhill, Surrey
Line management Responsibility: House Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor, Administrative Assistant/Office Administrator
Hours of Work: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility required on occasions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conference & Events Manager- Front of House to join this prestigious conference and banqueting venue in Surrey.
The job holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Lodge; providing an efficient Front of House service as well as overall responsibility for bookings and management of hospitality events; ensuring all legal requirements in respect of health and safety legislation are met.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and management skills as well as excellent customer service experience; a background in hospitality/hotel management will be a prerequisite; able to implement dynamic operational working procedures to support the delivery of service excellence.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To manage a team of three staff; implementing rotas, training and general supervision.
- To implement dynamic operational working procedures to support the delivery of service excellence.
- To oversee all client bookings and reservations, ensuring that all necessary arrangements are in place to provide successful events.
- To generate new business and repeat business for the Lodge. To introduce a “customer feedback” procedure after each event, to ascertain customer satisfaction/improvements to be made.
- To provide excellent customer service to clients/customers of the Lodge and excellent leadership to staff members.
- To manage the inventory and maintenance for front of house items including stock control review; income and expenditure; and to oversee the balancing of all daily and nightly cash payments/transactions, ensuring that accurate records are kept of all transactions made.
- To implement safe working practices to ensure the safety of building occupiers and visitors at the Lodge. To manage and monitor all health, safety and sanitation standards to ensure that the Lodge meets all its legal and environmental health requirements as laid down by current legislation.
- To manage, monitor and review all external contractors and contracts.
- To identify continuous improvements in all areas.
- To oversee that all opening and closing duties are completed correctly and that cleanliness and maintenance are of the highest levels.
- To provide regular reports and recommendations to the Board.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Line Manager or the Board.
Person Profile/Qualification Requirements
- Educated to Degree level; hold a degree in a hospitality related field;
- Minimum 5 years hospitality experience;
- Minimum 3 years management experience;
- Health & safety certificate holder;
- First Aider
- Excellent IT skills;
- Full clean driving licence holder
- Budgetary/financial expertise;
- Excellent people management skills with a proven track record in this area.
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft applications including Word/Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of Database applications would be advantageous.
- A self-starter with the ability to demonstrate innovation and drive.
- A team player – able to consider the wider issues to develop and refine the service on offer, whilst working within strict budgetary controls.
- Have a flexible approach to any changing needs of the company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com