Employment Solicitor – In House
Job Title: Employment Solicitor – In House
Salary: circa £55k plus excellent benefits and flexible working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Employment Solicitor to join this well-known professional membership organisation based in central London. The main purpose of the role is to is to assist the Employment Counsel in providing and maintaining a comprehensive employment advice service for its members. This position would suit a fully qualified Employment Solicitor looking to move away from Private Practice and gain a work life balance working within a small friendly legal team.
Primarily the role will be providing advice on the phone and in writing. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience in Employment Law.
Employment Counsel and Director of Legal and Regulatory Services
Duties and key responsibilities
- Provide employment law advice service to members by email, telephone and face to face.
- Respond to members’ employment law queries promptly and effectively.
- Maintain an active caseload, including contentious and non-contentious matters. Maintain case records within a legal document management system ensuring they meet Law society requirements.
- Carry out complex casework and research.
- Assist and prepare members for forthcoming disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Liaise promptly and effectively with external solicitors, counsel and trade union representatives where required.
- Prepare written advice to members including employers, employees or self-employed practitioners
- Prepare, edit and review documentation for members to use in their HR and employment law matters
- Undertake contract reviews
- Drafting settlement documentation
- Collating statistics and monthly reporting information
- Collating research and know how materials
- Assist with preparation of know how emails and articles for publications and website
- Assist Employment Counsel with membership advice initiatives including preparation of templates
- Face to face presentations or advice sessions
- Be proactive in keeping up to date with employment law developments
- Operate within organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice and work collaboratively with staff across the association.
- Contribute to team meetings and organisational priorities, strategic goals and Performance targets
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned within the broad remit of the post.
Qualification and Experience:
- Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience
Skills and abilities:
- Clear verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on accuracy in letters, calculations, preparing cases, opinions, reports and correspondence.
- Giving detailed and complex advice to clients in a clear and accessible format
- Analytical, prioritising and decision making skills
- Plan and manage a complex workload, meet deadlines and respond to unplanned demands.
- Ability to read complex information, summarise and to present complex information
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective legal research skills to include summarising and tailoring advice to fit the members’ specific needs
- Clear appreciation of the need for integrity and confidentiality
- Can use initiative to deliver best results
- Self-motivated, ability to juggle priorities and work both alone and in a team
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work in a changing environment and manage multiple work activities, projects and deadlines.
- Committed to achieving a high quality service with good attention to detail
- Confident and assertive whilst approachable and client friendly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org