Brand Guidelines Director – German speaking
Job Type :
Job Title: Brand Guidelines Director – Fluency in German essential
Salary: Competitive Salary Dependant on Experience
At Tjarks and Tjarks Design Ltd we have over 25 years experience in creating highly innovative packaging designs for brands and own-label products.
Now due to further expansion we are seeking a fluent German-speaking Brand Guideline Director to join our highly talented team.
In this role you will lead the Brand Guidelines Department in the production of comprehensive corporate guidelines, style guides and brand guidelines for internal and external use.
You will have a background in design or artwork with solid knowledge of print processes associated with packaging design.
Skills and Experience
The role requires experience of working with detailed corporate guidelines, brand guidelines, style guides or annual reports. The majority of our guidelines are for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets, therefore you must be a native German speaker and your written German is required to be grammatically perfect.
You must be a conceptual thinker and have a highly logical, systematic approach to your work.
You will also be a strong leader with experience of people management.
Having to work with internal and external contacts you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have an ability to build strong relationships.
Fluency in InDesign and Illustrator CS5, is essential. Experience in Photoshop would be advantageous. You must be able to work independently as well as in a team.
This is not a creative role and has minimal design responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Responsible for overseeing the work schedule of the Brand Guidelines team.????
• Lead and mentor members of the team to ensure consistent high standards and completion of all projects to deadlines.
• Provide expert advice to the design and artwork departments about which master elements of the new brands need to be prepared, artworked or retouched before work can commence on the guidelines.
• Systematically and logically analyse the projects, and advise on the most logical structure and content of guidelines.
• Understand which elements of the new brands need to be included, explained and detailed in the guidelines.
• Foresee, identify, discuss and solve any potential problems in relation to creating new brands.
• Set up the new guidelines in German based on existing templates and guideline examples including the design and layout of individual pages.
• Ensure that all design examples within the guideline are consistent and fully comply with all associated guidelines.
• Ensure that guidelines are clear, logical, comprehensive and easy to understand for any potential user.
• Liaise internally to discuss, manage and implement changes until final approval.
Please understand that due to the volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com